Friday, December 27, 2013

Prepping for Saturday PR Training Run

Tomorrow I will embark on my first Saturday training run with Potomac River Running Training.  I hadn't planned on starting until mid-January, when babysitting is in place, but Rick has no clients tomorrow so I am unexpectedly going tomorrow.

I'm overplanning and overpreparing, of course.  I'm not sure how far I will run since I'm not really with a training group yet.  I get the emails for the distance training program, since that is technically what I am signed up for.  But I don't plan to start the DTP part of the program until January, so I've been sticking with the BBB (begin, base, build?) folks at the Tuesday night track sessions.  My training 101 friends are in the BBB so that is my comfort zone.

Tomorrow is definitely out of my comfort zone.  It will be cold, in the 30s.  Does that count as cold?  it could be a lot colder, of course.  But for a gal who likes to run indoors on the treadmill, it doesn't take much to count as cold.  So I'm trying to figure out what clothes to wear so I am comfortable and not overdressed.  I have all my gear laid out on top of the dresser and it looks like I am getting ready for a race - garmin, fuel belt, glasses, gu, road id, water bottle.  What am I forgetting?  What don't I actually need?  How long will I run?  Can I run with Amy or is she a little too fast for me?  So many questions.  I will just have to live into the answers.

Laying out my gear

No comments:

Post a Comment