Saturday, February 9, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 7

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 7!

This week was busy and more stressful than a typical week, but that was expected and it didn't throw me off course too much.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability


I can't get a clear weight reading today since I had a lot of sodium-laden hotel food the past two days and sodium makes me retain water. I was down 0.6 pounds before my meeting, but I'm up 0.8 now. The "truth" is probably somewhere in the middle...I'm going to call this week a weight-loss wash and we'll see where I am next week.

During this week's Real Appeal online session we focused on setting up our kitchen for success. Honestly, I didn't do much in this area since Rick does most of our cooking and I think of the kitchen as his space. He already has it set up well.


Nutrition

I continued to plan my meals ahead of time and stick to my plan. I even did this for the meeting I was at the past two days. I got the catering specifications ahead of time so I knew what would be served, and looked for the healthiest options. Then, I pre-tracked what I planned to eat in MyFitnessPal. It was easier to stick with the pre-planned choices since they were already in my food tracker.

Although I ate more calories than I would in a typical day, I know that I made good choices given the situation I was facing. That said, my willpower was basically gone when I got home on Friday evening and I ended up indulging in sugar cookies and chocolate that I hadn't intended to eat. I enjoyed them, I tracked them, and today is a new day.


Exercise

I walked twice this week and did yoga four times. I even did yoga in my hotel room Thursday evening after a business dinner that didn't end until 9. I consider that a big commitment win - yay me!


Self-Care

I did well with self-care and managing my stress this week. I didn't make it to bed before 10:30 on Thursday or Friday, but I did so the rest of the week. I've been making my bed, staying away from games on my iPhone, and feeling a little more energetic. I even spent some time coloring!


Today my son & I had a decluttering session with my favorite professional organizers, Stephanie & Stephen from Eye of the Heart. My son gave away so many of his old toys and books! I am so proud of him. Decluttering makes me feel so much lighter and more energetic. 



Looking Ahead

Next week is a little busy at the beginning of the week, but I'm taking a vacation day on Friday, so it will have some nice balance. I need to think about how I want to spend my day off. 



See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful journey! How great to post about it and inspire others!

    ReplyDelete