Sunday, May 10, 2020

from Survive to Thrive: Weeks 26 & 27

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Weeks 26 &  27.

I got caught up in a puzzle last Sunday and ended up not blogging about Week 26, so this week I'm playing catch up (and still doing lots of puzzles).

Let's review my week...


Puzzles!

Working on a puzzle last weekend ended up being something the whole family enjoyed. Rick & Freddy finished the puzzle Monday morning while I was working. We started a second puzzle soon after and I searched online for more puzzles. I found a good selection at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and stocked up.

Rick texted me this picture Monday morning when
they finished the puzzle


I also did a digital puzzle/game last week called Gorogoa that was absolutely amazing. I finished most of it Saturday afternoon while I waited in the veterinarian's parking lot for my cat, Scarlett. She was having a fairly routine appointment, but due to COVID-19 restrictions, owners can't go inside with their pets right now. It was the first time I'd been in a car for over 7 weeks!

Gorogoa Trailer (source)

Fitness

I've been doing well on my running program and I'm listening to Harry Potter while running to help motivate myself to get out there. I know it's hard to believe, but I haven't read the books before. This morning I started book 3 while running the virtual Mother's Day 4-Miler. Before the race I had a Zoom meetup with Mary, Aprille, and a couple of Aprille's friends who were all running the race at the same time.



post-run #mothersday4miler

I've been doing less yoga now that it's May and the April morning yoga challenge is over. I miss it and need to figure out how to incorporate it back into my routine. I've been doing a short variation on a sun salutation each morning, but a little bit longer would be nice.

This is the mandala I finished coloring this past week.
Michelle and I had a virtual coloring date on Saturday.

Thrive Circle

The Thrive Circle 7-week program wrapped up this week. It was great to work with such a supportive group of women while learning more about what thriving looks like for me and how to create an environment that supports that vision. I got so much out of it that I am going to join the next program which starts on May 19. Read more about it here.

Freddy & I made snickerdoodles 2 weeks
ago when he was inspired by a cookbook

Looking Ahead

The next two weeks at work are going to be intense. I have a slew of virtual presentations, a lot on my plate, and a new employee starting tomorrow. I am going to balance the stress with puzzles, Harry Potter, and yoga.

My goals for the week are:
  1. Track at least one meal in myfitnesspal each day
  2. Do at least 5 minutes of yoga each day
  3. Follow my race training program (3 runs this week) 
  4. Limit how often I check work email (once an hour at most)

See you next week! 

________________________________________

Accountability: Health Stats (Week 26 / Week 27)

average steps: 6,926 / 5,469
average sleep: 9h 22m / 9h 17m
average stress: 27 / 25
run/walk: 10.9 miles / 6.1 miles
yoga: 5 sessions / 1 session
weight: 117.5 / 117.3
body fat 30.0% 

Accountability: Goal Check (Week 26)

Goal: Track food in myfitnesspal at least 5 days
Status: Not achieved. I am not connecting well with my "why" on this one and keep blowing it off. It's hard to care about tight clothes when you are sheltering at home and have a lot of flexibility in what you choose to wear.

Goal: Do yoga every day
Status: Not achieved. My routine was upended when the April "morning yoga" challenge ended.

Goal: Follow my race training program (3 runs this week)
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Read May Happiness Project overview and set resolutions
Status: Achieved! Outlook tells me: "During working hours, you read over three quarters of your emails within 30 minutes of receiving them. To maximize focus, try checking your inbox once an hour." I've been doing that successfully and I think it is helping me focus. Bonus: some things get solved without me getting involved at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment