Sunday, July 8, 2018

Ultimate Coffee Date: July 2018


Happy July!

It's time for our monthly coffee date, co-hosted by my friends Coco and Deborah. Stop by their blogs to visit the rest of the linkup.

In the meantime, pull up a chair and let's catch up. It's been a busy month!

If we were having coffee, I would tell you...

I had jury duty for the first time. I’ve been called for jury duty before, but never actually had to go in and serve. It was an interesting experience that I will never forget. I’m grateful that the case was relatively short and fairly benign in nature. I’m also grateful that I am now exempt from service for the next three years.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you...

The women’s training program wrapped up this monthI really enjoyed being a coach this year and seeing all of the hard work and progress of the women in the program. Many of the participants ran the “Seize the Day 5k” race, and it was inspiring to share in their accomplishments.

WTP participants in the Seize the Day 5k (Source)


If we were having coffee, I would tell you...


We just got back from vacation
We spent a week in one of our favorite places, Beaches in Turks and Caicos. It was our 7th trip there. We did something different with our family photos there this year - instead of dressing up, we wore Capitals Stanley Cup Champion shirts!


If we were having coffee, I would tell you...

Change may be on the horizon for me. It’s too soon to go into any details, but I am feeling activated and empowered to do something that will take me way out of my comfort zone in a good way. Wish me luck!


If we were having coffee, I would tell you...

We should catch up more often! Let's plan to have coffee again on August 4.

The Ultimate Coffee Date

12 comments:

  1. Your vacation sounds great and that family photo is fantastic! Excited to hear more about what's on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtenay! I know my vacation was a success because I actually saw "blue" rest bars on my Garmin's stress widget for a change :)

      Delete
  2. Turks and Caicos sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear more about your new plans. Thanks for joining for coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah! I look forward to sharing them soon :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with wherever life takes you. I was a mentor for a women's training challenge this year & it was really rewarding.

    When I lived in TX I seemed to have a "good juror" sticker on my forehead -- I was called often & always picked!

    Here I've been called a couple of time but so far managed to escape. Hate jury duty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good luck wishes, Judy!

      It sounds like you did have a good juror sticker on your forehead. Glad that is no longer the case :)

      Delete
  4. I love your vacation family photo! Glad the WTP was a success! I look forward to learning more about your possible change and sending you lots of positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great family photo! Looking forward to hearing more about the big changes you have planned and sending you lots of good luck vibes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your vacation picture! Good luck in the decision making process of your new venture. Sending positive vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete