Saturday, May 25, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 22

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 22.

Work took over my life this week with a multi-day conference in New Orleans and a multitude of moving pieces and deliverables for various projects at work.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

Even with planned indulges in New Orleans, I maintained my weight loss and the scale is also showing another 1.7 percentage points of body fat lost!

For week 22 of the Real Appeal program we focused on staying in control around sugar cravings. Tips included purging junk food from your home, finding healthier substitutions like fruit, and distracting your mind until the craving passes.



Nutrition

Although I tracked everything I ate, I didn't put any restrictions on myself for the week. I knew it was going to be an intense week with limited healthy options available at times. I had the famous beignets from Cafe Du Monde for breakfast one day...they were yummy but such an unhealthy choice!

Coffee Beignets
source


It was a bit of a relief to come home to healthy food like these beautiful strawberries grown by my husband.

Exercise

I ran once, and walked five times. One walk was a 4.5 mile walk with my friend Susan at home; the other four were a mile each in New Orleans - the distance between my hotel and the convention center.

Self-Care

For self-care this week I splurged and spent my own money to upgrade my flight home to first class. It was so worth it - I was absolutely exhausted on Wednesday night when I boarded the plane, and it was comforting to have a guaranteed place to stow my bag, lots of space on the airplane, and a good meal.

I also got to see my high school friend Maurice while I was New Orleans, which was really cool.

Presenting a poster at ISPOR in New Orleans


Looking Ahead

This week should be the last of my ridiculously crazy work weeks. Fortunately there is no travel involved, so I'll be able to get back to my routine of healthy eating and find some time to exercise. I just need to pace myself at work and keep the stress at bay. The finish line to the crazy month of May is in sight!


See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment