Saturday, August 3, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 32

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 32.

This was a full week! Quality time with friends, the stress of a Board meeting at work, taking care of my cat Rhett (who is still with us)...I'm glad it's finally the weekend!

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I lost another quarter pound this week. Overall, I'm down 13.9 pounds. My clothes are fitting well and I'm generally where I like to be, sizewise. I would like to continue to improve my bodyfat ratio in the coming months.

For week 32 of the Real Appeal program we focused on planning for parties. Week 32 is the end of the 2nd "season" of Real Appeal. There are 20 weeks in season 3, and then the Real Appeal program will be over. The online weekly sessions have been such a part of my life for the last 32 weeks...it's strange to think of them being done. I'm glad I still have 20 weeks ahead of me!

party planning tips

Nutrition

I continued to track everything I ate this week, and saved some calories for splurges at our Board meeting. We had an awesome dessert that my photo below doesn't do justice. There was a dome of frozen raspberries with white chocolate mousse inside. The plate was garnished with chocolate ganache, espresso cake soil, and additional dollops of white chocolate mousse.

This was worth splurging on...

...but I took a pass on the monthly birthday cupcakes at work.
I had a ripe nectarine and an ounce of mixed nuts instead.


Exercise

I ran twice and did yoga twice this week. I was thrilled to find out that my friend Lynn was joining the 10 Weeks to 10k program, and thoroughly enjoyed running with her on Monday night. She said our friend Marian is joining us next week. Running is so much better with good friends!

I'm planning on doing more yoga this month. I'm going to use Yoga with Adriene's August calendar for inspiration. Today I did the 8/3 "Yoga for Stress Management" practice.




Self-Care

Sleep took a big hit this week as I worked around schedules to make sure Rick & I could give Rhett medicine together twice a day. Some days I got up at 5 before Rick left for work - usually I could fall back asleep for a bit after that. The Board meeting was tough, though - I got home late Thursday after the dinner and left home very early Friday morning to get back into the city. I got just over 4 hours of sleep that night. But it's worth it to keep Rhett's quality of life good!

Cardamom latte

On Sunday I spent time with my friend Michelle and enjoyed catching up over colored pencils and a cardamom latte. It was relaxing and rejuvenating.

I discovered the color-by-number instructions
did not match the colors on the cover.
The perfectionist in me was quite dismayed.


Looking Ahead

I have a lot of white space on my work calendar next week because my boss is on vacation. I'm looking forward to getting a lot done and catching up on some things.

Next weekend I'm going to do Yoga with Adriene's "Reclaim Your Center at-home Retreat."



See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment