Saturday, August 17, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 34

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 34.

Apparently I broke my accountability mechanism when I said last week that I would stop reporting my weight loss numbers. Oops.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

Last week I decided to stop reporting on my weight since I had reached and been maintaining my goal, and because I wanted to focus more on my overall wellness. I didn't realize how important this weekly report was in maintaining my accountability, however.

Over the past week I had increasingly more treats and I increasingly didn't track everything I ate each day. Now I'm up a pound and a half and at a number I haven't seen in over three months. While I know a pound and a half isn't a big deal and I can easily turn this trend around, part of being able to turn the trend around is being externally accountable.

So I'm going to work on finding the balance between maintaining accountability without overemphasizing the number on the scale.

During week 34 of Real Appeal, we focused on our thought patterns and how they impact our body image. Over the course of the program, I've been working hard on recognizing and changing negative thought patterns. I'm much better at staying on the "positive" (right) side of the picture below. I'm also much better at thinking thoughts that support a healthy body image as described in the second picture below.





Nutrition

I went overboard on the treats this week, subconsciously telling myself they didn't count since I didn't have to be held accountable for them in my tracking and weekly reporting. Today was my reality check - yes, everything counts. Treats are fine in moderation, but it will serve me best to mindfully choose and enjoy them.


delicious produce grown by Rick in our garden


Exercise

I ran twice this week. One of my runs was with a group of people in the 10 Weeks to 10K program who decided they wanted to do the 1:1 run:walk interval that I was doing rather than one of the "official" program intervals.

I enjoyed meeting some new people and hearing about their upcoming races and goals. All three of them are running different races, and I've run all three of their upcoming races. It was nice to be able to answer their questions and offer advice and encouragement. I'm looking forward to seeing them again next week.


Self-Care

My sleep hours are still taking a hit but that is about to take a turn for the better. Rhett's medication schedule is changing to once a day! I took him to the vet for a check-up, and he's doing better than he was the last time he was there. He's gained a half pound (which is great!) and his vitals look good. While that doesn't change the fact that he has liver cancer and his days are dwindling, at least for now his quality of life is still clearly in the good zone.


I've started bullet journaling again, and it's helping me stay organized and feel like things aren't slipping through the cracks. Whenever I think of something I want to do or remember, I write it down before I forget.


Looking Ahead

Next week is the last week before Freddy goes back to school, so it will be busy with all the requisite preparations and excitement. I'm looking forward to meeting his teacher and getting back into the routine of the school year.

See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment