Monday, September 2, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 36

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 36.

This week was a bit of a bruiser, literally and figuratively.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I gained another pound this week, which is frustrating but understandable. I had unrealistic expectations about how quickly we could get the basement back together, and I dealt with those frustrations by indulging in too many treats.

During week 36 of Real Appeal, we focused on hitting the reset button and restarting our weight loss. This was a pretty timely topic for me. I'm recommitting to setting clear goals, framing things positively, learning from my missteps, and always believing in myself.




Nutrition

As I mentioned above, I indulged in too many treats. Almost every day I listened to the voice in my head that deals with stress by saying things like "you deserve ice cream" and "you deserve a drink" and "you deserve ice cream AND a drink!" The reality is these things don't make me feel better in the long run. The more treats I have, the more I crave sugar and the more I want to indulge.


Exercise

I ran once this week. It's driving me crazy that the gym in my basement is filled with all the stuff from the playroom. I don't use the gym very often, but not being able to use it at all is really underscoring how much I take it for granted. When I have it back, I commit to using it regularly again.

Self-Care

I started moving things in the laundry room last Monday, which was the only room in the basement we could put back together until we get new flooring in the playroom. I moved things that I probably should have left for Rick to move, and our heavy metal Christmas tree stand fell on my arm. The bruise in the picture below is a week old, so you can imagine how bad it looked in the early days! On the bright side, it didn't land on my head and the laundry room is organized again.



This weekend we picked out new flooring for the playroom, and we're getting waterproof vinyl instead of carpet in case the basement floods again. It looks like wood even though it is vinyl. Today I had the basement measured and we'll set up installation as soon as we can. The installer said it would be a couple of weeks, but I'm hopeful it might be a little faster since we are picking something that is in stock at the store.

Lifeproof vinyl plank flooring - shadow hickory

Even though it was a stressful week at home and work, I did make time to take care of my health. I went to the dentist and the eye doctor this week, made an appointment with an allergy doctor, and filled out gastroenterology paperwork so I could schedule a colonoscopy. I've had the referral since April and the paperwork since June.

I also downloaded the Rally Health app from my health plan. I was trying to figure out why we no longer get a $20 monthly reward for Rick going to the gym so frequently, and discovered there are other rewards and wellness freebies. It looks like our gym no longer participates in the program (boo), but I've signed up for a happiness course and a couple of challenges tied to my wellness goals (drinking enough water, going to yoga weekly).

Looking Ahead

I'm going to focus on getting back on track this week by avoiding indulgent food treats and doing more yoga.

See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment