Sunday, September 29, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 40

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 40.

This week did not go as smoothly as I had planned, but I set a big goal this weekend and I think it will help ground me moving forward.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I'm up another half pound, which is discouraging. The story is the same as last week: I was doing well early in the week, but work stress piled up and I slipped badly during the latter part of the week.

During week 40 of Real Appeal, we focused on not getting caught up in magic weight loss ingredients.



Nutrition

Unlike last week, I prepared and ate healthy meals consistently throughout the week. My downfall came when work stress zapped my willpower at the end of the day and I overdid it on treats. Both Wednesday and Thursday evening I ate a lot of ice cream. Moving forward, I have to tell myself the ice cream is for my husband and son, not for me. When I'm craving ice cream, I'm going to have almond milk with chocolate life greens instead.


Exercise

I had a solid exercise week. I ran twice and did yoga twice. I meditated in my gym. And I made a big decision - I'm going to run the 2020 Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run! Between my duties on the social media team and as a coach for the race, I haven't run it since 2015. I'm not sure if my toe can handle the distance and speed that is required not to be swept, but I'm ready to find out.

We had a social media team meeting yesterday to start planning for this year's race. Yesterday evening during yoga it became very clear to me that I wanted to try to run the race this year. When I started this blog in 2013, it was to chronicle my journey to run the 2014 Cherry Blossom race. I feel like I'm coming full circle by committing to chronicle my comeback journey for the 2020 race.



Self-Care

I got great sleep again this week and my stress level has been reasonably low. I started off the week with a sleep stress level of "1" (on a scale from 1 to 100). I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened over the last couple of years that I've been tracking my stress through Garmin.


Rhett's health seems to be on the downturn again. He isn't eating very much and has had some gastrointestinal issues. I hope that he perks up again this week. So far every time he's hit a rough patch he's bounced back from it, but eventually our luck will run out. 

Rhett guards his catnip banana from Scarlett while eating

Scarlett hanging out in the closet

Looking Ahead

Although I have a lot on my plate at work, I finally have some real white space on my calendar to get things done. I'm hopeful that I can stay balanced this week and not hit the late week willpower-crushing stress that I've run into the last couple of weeks. Wish me luck!

See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment