Saturday, September 7, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 37

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 37.

Although the basement saga continues, I was able to get back on track and lose 2 pounds this week!

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I've lost the weight I put on during the last few weeks and I feel like I'm solidly back on track. I focused on being mindful of the choices I was making and tracking everything I ate.

During week 37 of Real Appeal, we focused on not being fooled by fad diets. The changes and choices we are making should be sustainable lifestyle changes and choices. That said, I have friends who have successfully adopted paleo eating (several) and intermittent fasting (one), so what counts as a "fad diet" for one person could actually be a sustainable lifestyle choice for another.

Real Appeal's depiction of the weight-loss rollercoaster



Nutrition

I generally avoided treats this week. I didn't completely cut them out, but I was mindful about what I chose and kept it under 100 calories a day. When I was craving a treat, I had a full glass of water first. It was surprising how often that chased the craving away.

Exercise

I did yoga once and ran once this week. I can't wait until I can use my basement gym again. Now that the school year has started, I have a nice little window for exercise in the morning on days that I am telecommuting. I look forward to squeezing in short yoga sessions and treadmill runs when the gym is accessible again.

Self-Care

I treated myself to some "Life is Good" t-shirts. One of my favorite podcasts, "How I Built This," focused on the company this week, and it reminded me how much I like their philosophy and their clothes.


The basement has continued to defy my expectations and plans. We are no longer getting the lovely waterproof plank vinyl that looks like wood. It turns out our basement subfloor isn't completely level...it has a 1/2 inch hump in one spot and a 1/2 inch dip in another spot. In order to get the vinyl, our subfloor would need to be leveled and prepped (and we would have to find a different contractor to do that).

So we are back to carpet as the best option. I went to the store this weekend and picked something from the "installed in a week" section. Now I'm waiting for the installer to call me and schedule the installation. Hopefully next week's post will bring good news about the basement.

our selected carpet sample

Rhett has been stable for the last few weeks and has even gained a little weight. I'm glad we are getting a bit more time with him. He is such a sweet cat.



Looking Ahead

I have a busy week at work coming up, including a trip to Pittsburgh. This will definitely be a week to focus on stress management, planning ahead, and mindfulness.

See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment