Sunday, November 24, 2019

from Survive to Thrive: Week 3

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Week 3!

This week I set myself up for Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run success - I registered for the race and Potomac River Running training program.

Let's review my week...


Real Appeal Week 48 

Week 48 of Real Appeal included ten tips for weight loss success. This is the last week with a session guide for us to read. It was helpful to review the tips, and it reminded me of several things that were no longer top of mind, such as the importance of setting weekly goals.


I made this picture the wallpaper on my computer so I would be regularly reminded to prioritize my health and how to set myself up for success. There are only two more weeks left of Real Appeal!


Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run

I officially registered for the race and the Potomac River Running training program for the race. I also registered for the Potomac River Running interval training program so I can work on my speed. Being registered makes it feel real!


I'm putting my training runs on my calendar to make sure I have time carved out for them. I'm excited to train and volunteer coach with PR again.

Looking Ahead


I have vacation days planned for this week and will be spending time with family and friends. My goals for the week are:
  1. Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal
  2. Make realistic to-do lists at work and home each day
  3. Run at least twice, do yoga at least twice
  4. No work on Thanksgiving (Thursday) or my birthday (Saturday)

See you next week! 

________________________________________

Accountability: Health Stats

weight: 112.4
body fat: 27.1%
average steps: 6,412
average sleep: 9 h 11 m
average stress: 14
run/walk: 3.6 miles
yoga: 1 session

Accountability: Goal Check

Goal: Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal
Status: Achieved

Goal: Make realistic to-do lists at work and home each day
Status: Achieved. I'm doing better at predicting how much time I need to set aside for unplanned and urgent pop-ups, which are especially common at work.

Goal: Run at least once, do yoga at least once
Status: Achieved

Goal: No work email on Friday evening
Status: Not achieved. Although I took a break after work to run with Susan, after a quick dinner and shower I was back on the computer finishing up several projects

No comments:

Post a Comment