Sunday, December 8, 2019

from Survive to Thrive: Week 5

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Week 5!

This week was so busy! I ran a race, completed my final session of the Real Appeal program, continued to follow my new morning routine, sent out holiday cards, and had a couple of unexpected biopsies.

Let's review my week...

Real Appeal Week 50 

This was my last week of Real Appeal. I'm really proud of my accomplishments on the program. I lost ten pounds and maintained that loss for the past six months. I attended every weekly session and got so much out of the program.

I actually found myself tearing up at the end of the last session when Coach Hannah was saying goodbye to us. Every week for the past 50 weeks I have emailed a link to this blog to either Hannah or Saharra. I will miss their supportive comments and sharing my journey with them. I am grateful to them and appreciate them both so much. Thank you both!


Racing

Rick encouraged me to sign up for the Run With Santa 5k, which I did. I was surprised at how excited I felt to run it. As I was picking out my clothes and getting ready for the race the night before I felt like I was reconnecting with a long-lost part of myself.


Running the race felt surprisingly exhilarating. I ran faster than I've been running in my training runs which made me feel hopeful that I can successfully run the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run in the spring. I felt accomplished and joyful.

My dear friend Viji💜
My awesome friend Jen - running buddy, yoga
accountability partner, & skin cancer screener
Team Crazy Running Buddies


Morning Routine

I've successfully followed my morning routine for 12 consecutive days. It is helping me feel grounded and intentional. I'm still struggling with not hitting the snooze button, but I'm hitting it less often.

I really like writing in the Morning Sidekick journal at the beginning and end of my day. I'm finding it to be such a useful too that I ordered volumes 2-4 during their holiday sale. The first journal covers 66 days and is filled with tips and motivation. The other volumes have additional content and take you through the whole first year. 

12-day meditation streak!

Vacation Day Accomplishments

I took a vacation day on Friday and accomplished a variety of tasks including a trip to the dermatologist and sending out our holiday cards.

Holiday card supplies


Last week Jen & Shannon expressed concern about a spot on my arm, so I headed to the dermatologist to have it checked out. While I was there, I asked if they could remove a wart by my eyebrow. Although I thought I was being vain by asking, I'm so glad I asked about it. They said it wasn't a wart and were even more concerned about it than the spot on my arm. They biopsied both spots, and the results will come back in a couple of weeks. Hopefully they are both benign. 


Looking Ahead

This is my last week of work before a three week vacation. I am so burned out and really want to be able to disconnect for a large chunk of my time off. That means that this week has to be phenomenally productive in order to leave my many projects in a good place.

My goals for the week are:
  1. Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal 
  2. Do my morning routine every day
  3. Run/walk at least once, do yoga at least once

See you next week! 

________________________________________

Accountability: Health Stats

weight: 113.3
body fat: 27.6%
average steps: 8,446
average sleep: 8h 28m
average stress: 16
run/walk: 3.5 miles
yoga: 1 session

Accountability: Goal Check

Goal: Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal 
Status: I tracked every day, but I didn't track everything I ate every day.

Goal: Do my morning routine every day
Status: Achieved (although I hit snooze on more days than not)

Goal: Run at least once, do yoga at least once, strength train once
Status: Run & yoga achieved; strength training not achieved. I had planned to do it on my vacation day after my dermatologist appointment, but didn't because of the unexpected biopsies.

Goal: No work on one weekend day (either Saturday or Sunday)
Status: Achieved

No comments:

Post a Comment