Sunday, March 15, 2020

from Survive to Thrive: Week 19

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Week 19.

Week 19 has been all about COVID-19. It's been a time of cancellations, social distancing, self-care.

Let's review my week...


Cancellations

All around us things are being cancelled as we seek to flatten the pandemic curve. My current situation:

  • School has been cancelled for the next month.
  • Work has transitioned to telecommuting from home. Many of my upcoming meetings have been cancelled or turned into virtual meetings.
  • Races have been cancelled or postponed, including the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run (cancelled) and the in-person training program.

This is no longer an easy bucket list item.
Hooray for virtual races like this one!


Social Distancing

I'm doing things at home instead of heading out into the community, such as bolstering my home yoga practice using Yoga With Adriene videos and running on my treadmill or walking with my son in my neighborhood.

YWA's March Calendar - these videos are all freely available here

I'm an introverted homebody, so for now this feels comfortable to me. I am making a greater effort to call or message family and friends so I can stay connected.


Self Care

I'm doing things to proactively take care of my body and mind. This includes meditation, journaling, aromatherapy with essential oils, playing with LEGO bricks, coloring, and signing up for an upcoming virtual support group led by my life coach called the Thrive Circle.

Nectar Essences "Breathe Me" Discovery Kit (link).
I read about these in The Healthy Deviant and
have been enjoying using them this week

Fun with LEGO

Coloring is relaxing, although I miss doing it in person
with my coloring buddy

Looking Ahead

I'm not entirely sure what to anticipate this week. I'm just going to take it one day at a time, focus on self care, and be grateful for all that we have.

My goals for the week are:
  1. Follow my morning routine every day
  2. Do a project with my son 4-5 times
  3. Do yoga 2-3 times
  4. Run/walk 2-3 times
  5. Use Thrive journal for brain dump and intention setting

See you next week! 

________________________________________

Accountability: Health Stats

average steps: 7,436
average sleep: 8h 32m
average stress: 33
run/walk: 7.1 miles
yoga: 1 session
weight: 116.6
body fat 29.5%

Accountability: Goal Check

Goal: Get up without hitting snooze every day
Status: Achieved! 5 out of 7 days

Goal: Do shoulder strengthening exercises 1-2 times
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Use Thrive journal for brain dump and intention setting
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Prioritize friends & family
Status: Achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment