Old ShoesI had some runs where I felt weak and just "off" - I think it may have been my shoes, which have just over 300 miles on them. I am retiring them, and bought a new pair to rotate with my other shoes, which have 120 miles on them.
Slower Long RunI ran my long run slower than I have been, which kept me (mostly) in heart rate zones 1 and 2, where I need to be to teach my body to burn fat more effectively, which will help protect against hitting the wall because I ran out of glycogen stores.
Pep TalksCoaches Jodi, Shannon, and Mike each gave me a helpful pep talk about my training and goals. Connecting with my coaches when I have self-doubt is reassuring.
Week 2 Statistics
I ran 5 times for a total of 17.9 miles:
- Track: 6x400 w/ 2 minutes rest (2 miles).
- Short workout because thunderstorms delayed the start by 70 minutes.
- I'm really proud to have persevered and gotten at least the minimum workout in.
- Easy runs: 3.1, 2.8, and 3 miles
- Long run: 7 miles
- Strength training: 3 times
- Yoga: one practice session at home
|My yoga practice|
(source: Moms Run This Town)
Onward to Week 3!
Read about previous training weeks: