Friday, July 3, 2020

Strive to Thrive: June 2020

Welcome to Strive to Thrive: June 2020.

This month I:

  • prioritized "Play" as my monthly Happiness Project theme,
  • fell just short of my health & fitness goals, and
  • engaged fully in a plethora of personal growth activities

Let's review my month... 



Happiness Project

June's Happiness Project theme was "Play." I didn't make any formal resolutions because play is something that has become a consistent part of my life since last year's Happiness Project. Some of the things I did for play this month:
  • Puzzles
It turns out my whole family enjoys puzzles, especially Rick & me. We've done at least a dozen 1,000 piece puzzles as a family and I've done two 2,000 piece puzzles on my own.
We are working on this series of seven puzzle that connect to each other.
I'm planning on hanging them in our gym (source)
We have all of the puzzles except for orange.
I hope to find it somewhere soon! (source)

  • Building with LEGO bricks
I've always enjoy building with LEGO bricks. I'm currently building Diagon Alley from Harry Potter. 
  • LEGO Harry Potter (Wii)
Freddy and I have been playing LEGO Harry Potter on the Wii. We are currently midway through Year 2.
  • Coloring & Doodling
I spent some time coloring and doodling, which I find relaxing.


Next month's theme is "Family." I'm making several resolutions:

  • Less nagging, more praising & appreciation
  • Give warm hellos and goodbyes
  • Connect with my brother and parents by phone or email weekly
  • Keep my family's weekly calendar up-to-date/review the upcoming week in a family meeting on Sunday


Health & Fitness

At the beginning of the pandemic (March and April), I was prioritizing my health and fitness. I was doing yoga daily, running regularly and making healthy food choices. Things began to slip in May and June: less yoga, no running, and lots of unhealthy food choices. I don't like the way I feel when I deprioritize my health and fitness. This month I'm going to do more yoga, start strength training, and make healthier food choices.


Personal Growth

Although my health and fitness were deprioritized over the last couple of months, I prioritized my personal growth. I've done this primarily by working with life coach Elena Sonnino in a variety of ways - individualized coaching, group work through a weekly Thrive Circle, and a virtual Sunrise in Your Pocket retreat.

I've been having a lot of breakthroughs recently that are helping me cultivate tranquility in my life, establish clear work boundaries, and live with greater intention. While I don't think of myself as a "group" person, stepping out of my comfort zone and working with a group has helped me view myself through a different lens.

I encourage you to check out Elena's free email program running July 6-10: Be Your Own BFF. And if you want to take a bigger leap, the next session of Thrive Circle starts on August 4. I find it so helpful that this will be my third consecutive session!
  
(source)

Accountability

My goals for June were:
  1. Develop and focus on Happiness Project "Play" resolutions: success!
  2. Do at least 20 minutes of exercise at least 20 days this month: near success...19 days!
  3. Engage fully in Thrive Circle and Sunrise in Your Pocket Live activities: success!
My goals for July are:
  1. Develop and focus on Happiness Project "Family" resolutions
  2. Do at least 20 minutes of exercise at least 20 days this month
  3. Strength train at least once a week (stretch goal: twice a week)

See you next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment