Sunday, January 19, 2020

from Survive to Thrive: Week 11

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Week 11.

This week I focused on my decluttering motivation and yoga, snacked more than I would like, and became curious about curiosity.

Let's review my week...


Uncluttered

One of the things on my 20 things I want to do in 2020 list is full engagement in the Uncluttered program, which started this past week. Our action item for this week was thinking about why we wanted to declutter and declaring our why in writing.

Being clear on our motivation can help us stay on track when things get challenging. I brainstormed about this a lot and have a couple of pages in my bullet journal with detailed thoughts about my motivation. Here is my summary statement:


Week 2 of the program focuses on "Believe it is possible." There are four steps in the program, spread out over 12 weeks:
  1. Find your motivation (week 1)
  2. Believe it is possible (week 2)
  3. Remove the excess (weeks 3-7)
  4. Implement new habits to manage clutter (weeks 8-12)

Nutrition

I feel like I'm in a "one step forward, two steps back" pattern with the food choices I'm making. I make clean choices that are consistent with how I want to eat, and then I slip back and make a string of unhealthy choices like bingeing on chocolate.

I realize those unhealthy choices are going to happen sometimes and that treats are okay, but lately I've been way out of balance. I need to figure out why and reconnect with my motivation for healthy eating.

Yoga

While nutrition may be out of balance, I'm doing great with building a consistent yoga practice. I've done every day of Yoga With Adriene's Home practice this month. We are on day 18. There were a couple of days this week that I did it in my pajamas before bed, but I still showed up on the mat and was present for the practice.

I like the way I feel when I'm doing yoga regularly and I really appreciate the accessibility and structure of Adriene's yoga.

(source)

Curiosity

I don't tend to think about curiosity very often, but it's shown up it my life two places this week:

  1. I'm listening to Brian Grazer's book "A Curious Mind" that I impulsively downloaded from the library when it popped up as a suggestion. 
  2. I joined Elena Sonnino's "Be Curious Challenge," which starts on January 27
Elena says: "this 5-day challenge will help you replace judgment and fixing with hope and curiosity so you can create space for possibility in your life." I'm curious to see what pops up for me. (ps - that's the second time "create space" showed up for me this week...see my decluttering "why" above if you missed it)

Join me! Register here

Looking Ahead

This week I'm focusing on my health, with an appointment for my shoulder pain and a skin cancer follow-up with my dermatologist. I'll be tackling week 2 of Uncluttered, continuing with my daily yoga routine, and getting back on track with my food choices. Also, training for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run officially starts next week!

My goals for the week are:
  1. Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal 
  2. Do my morning routine every day
  3. Run/walk at least twice, do yoga every day
  4. Do Week 2 Uncluttered activities

See you next week! 

________________________________________

Accountability: Health Stats

average steps: 7,284
average sleep: 8h 49m
average stress: 28
run/walk: 3.9 miles
yoga: 8 sessions
weight: 117.5
body fat 30%

Accountability: Goal Check

Goal: Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal 
Status: Not achieved. I did great the first half of the week and then I started snacking in the evening and not writing it down. Each day I snacked more than the previous day.

Goal: Do my morning routine every day
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Run/walk at least twice, do yoga every day
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Do the Week 1 Uncluttered activities
Status: Achieved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment