Monday, February 17, 2020

from Survive to Thrive: Week 15

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Week 15.

I had a busy but good week with slow but steady decluttering progress, time for fun, and another good week of cherry blossom training.

Let's review my week...


Cherry Blossom Training

I had a good training week. I ended up doing my track workout on the treadmill since I got home from work too late, but that was fun because I got to watch a couple of episodes of the new season of Grace and Frankie which helped distract me from the discomfort of speed work.

Only 48 days until the 48th running of the race

My happiest day of running was on Sunday when Shannon came out to run with me. Catching up with a buddy makes the run go by much more quickly!

Leah set the pace on Sunday, followed by Shannon & me
Thanks to Coach Sam for the photo!


Decluttering

I'm making slow but steady decluttering progress. I keep getting impatient with myself. I have so much stuff and the process is slow. I have to remind myself how long it took to accumulate so much stuff, and that it isn't going to be gone in a few days.

Sometimes it feels like chipping away at an iceberg. It's important to remind myself of how much progress I've already made. I also need to be more mindful of what I bring into my house...if I don't bring in it, I won't have to get rid of it at some point in the future.

Fun

I'm doing well at making time for fun. Mostly I've been doing LEGOs, but I'm also doing a little bit of drawing and doodling. 

Rick gave me a LEGO for Valentine's Day!
So much better than flowers or chocolate!

LEGO version of flowers and chocolate



Looking Ahead

It's staycation week and I'm so happy! I love staycation. I have lots of things on my list, both fun and productive.

My goals for the week are:
  1. Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal every day this week...EVERYTHING
  2. Do my morning routine every day
  3. Run/walk three times
  4. Do yoga at least four days
  5. Do Uncluttered activities

See you next week! 

________________________________________

Accountability: Health Stats

average steps: 9,584
average sleep: 9h 10m
average stress: 27
run/walk: 12.0 miles
yoga: 2 sessions
weight: 116.7 
body fat 29.6%

Accountability: Goal Check

Goal: Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal all days
Status: not achieved...I'm tracking almost everything, but it's the stuff I'm not tracking that is keeping me from achieving my health goals.

Goal: Do my morning routine every day
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Run/walk three times
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Do yoga at least two days
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Do Uncluttered activities
Status: Achieved! Giving myself the freedom to pick and choose from the official "Uncluttered" activities is working well for me. I don't have to do everything this time through. The course will be repeated throughout the year and I have lifetime access to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment