Sunday, February 2, 2020

from Survive to Thrive: Week 13

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Week 13.

This week I've started to recognize some of the sources of my feelings of overwhelm and come to terms with the fact that a lot of these sources are actually me. Yikes.

Let's review my week...


Cherry Blossom Training

I've finished my first full week of training for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run! It was tough, but I feel good about it. My new running friend Leah helped me get through a tough track workout with 1000 meter repeats. It's been several years since I've done speedwork - it's hard!

Today I ran five miles for the week's "long run." I haven't run five miles since the National Women's 8k, which was almost two years ago. It felt challenging, but good.

I ran into Viji, Kathleen, Laura, & Amy on the trail today!


Overflowing To-Do Lists

I had so many things I wanted to do this weekend including Week 3 of Uncluttered, the February planning for my Happiness Project, some journaling, yoga, LEGOs, reading, watching The Good Place finale...the list goes on and on. I did a lot, but nowhere near the amount of things running around in my head. This brought me to a realization...

I've really started to recognize how unrealistic my mental to-do lists are. This is a pervasive theme in my life. For example: I have a kindle app filled with so many books I want to read, a Zinio app filled with magazines, a podcast app filled with podcasts, too many saved books in Blinkist, too many programs and challenges for which I've registered...and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I have to figure out how to cut back and focus on only the most important things or else I will never truly be able to get out of this state of perpetual overwhelm. Part of my overwhelm is coming from external factors, but a lot of it is probably self-imposed.

Unrealized goals:
I didn't meet January's goal, but February's
should be consistent with my training plan



    Play

    I made more time for LEGO this week, finishing Trafalgar Square and starting the London skyline. I am really enjoying LEGO time. There is a TV show debuting this week called "LEGO Masters" which has piqued my curiosity (a DVR with too many unwatched TV shows...).

    I also made time for coloring and conversation with Michelle, which was definitely time well spent. Check out the cute lion in my latte :)






    Looking Ahead

    This week should be a little more calm after the craziness of last week.

    My goals for the week are:
    1. Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal every day this week
    2. Do my morning routine every day
    3. Run/walk three times
    4. Do yoga at least two days
    5. Do Week 3 Uncluttered activities

    See you next week! 

    ________________________________________

    Accountability: Health Stats

    average steps: 10,784
    average sleep: 8h 38m
    average stress: 24
    run/walk: 12.1 miles
    yoga: 3 sessions
    weight: 118.7 (my favorite suit is starting to feel snug...)
    body fat 30.8%

    Accountability: Goal Check

    Goal: Track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal for 5 days
    Status: Achieved!

    Goal: Do my morning routine every day
    Status: Achieved!

    Goal: Run/walk at least twice
    Status: Achieved! I did it three times!

    Goal: Do yoga three times
    Status: Achieved!

    Goal: Do the Week 3 Uncluttered activities
    Status: Not achieved. I started them but didn't make enough progress to really say that I completed them. I'll try again this week rather than moving on to Week 4.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment