Sunday, March 22, 2020

from Survive to Thrive: Week 20

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Week 20.

This has been a strange week as we adjust to the uncertainty surrounding our new normal in the face of COVID-19. I focused on staying healthy and identifying things that make me feel happy.

Let's review my week...


Fitness

It's been easier to fit in exercise since I no longer have a commute. I've found that I am especially gravitating towards yoga. I discovered a new online free resource for my favorite kind of yoga, yin yoga: Yoga with Kassandra. I'm currently doing her 7-day yin immersion. Starting April 1, she'll have a 30-day program focused on 10 minutes of yoga every morning.

I've also been walking a few times this week. I've decided not to run for a couple of weeks so I can rest my Achilles. Today my son and I went on a walk around our neighborhood and we found some lovely driveway art:




Gratitude

Here are some things I'm grateful for this week:

  • The Cherry Blossom race sent me beautiful flowers to thank me for handling their Facebook page, which became a little tense in the days surrounding the COVID-19 cancellation.



  • Audible has some free stories for children. While looking through them, I remembered that Gretchen Rubin finds comfort in reading children's literature. I've been listening to The Enchanted Castle, which is a story that I remember vividly from my youth. It is comforting to listen to it.



  • A little over a year ago, I went to a yoga and tea meditation at the Elden Street Tea Shop (read more here). I had a wonderful tea there that I've been thinking about ever since. I got an email from the Tea Shop saying they now deliver tea in my area, so I ordered a large bag of the wonderful Yogi's Tonic tea. It has anise, mint, chamomile, and lavender. It's as good as I remember it being.




  • I've been coloring this week and I switched to a mandala coloring book rather than my usual floral book. I'm finding the symmetry is calming. Michelle would be proud of me...even though it is color-by-number, I've been rebellious and picked some different colors.





  • This cat has been coming to our house to visit regularly. It is so talkative, friendly and playful! I know it already has a home (we've figured out where it lives), but I do sort of wish that I could adopt it.



  • I've rediscovered Eckhart Tolle this week. He posted an excellent video this week called "Staying Conscious in the Face of Adversity." 


Looking Ahead

One thing I'm looking forward to this week is the beginning of the Thrive Circle, a group led by my life coach. I think it will help me stay grounded and recognize the opportunities presented by this challenging and uncertain time we are all experiencing.

My goals for the week are:
  1. Do at least one project with my son
  2. Do yoga 2-3 times
  3. Run/walk 2-3 times
  4. Use Thrive journal for brain dump and intention setting

See you next week! 

________________________________________

Accountability: Health Stats

average steps: 6,434
average sleep: 9h 31m
average stress: 30
run/walk: 6.6 miles
yoga: 4 sessions
weight: 116.0
body fat 29.2%

Accountability: Goal Check

Goal: Follow my morning routine every day
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Do a project with my son 4-5 times
Status: Partly achieved...I did a few small projects, but not the big ones I was envisioning

Goal: Do yoga 2-3 times
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Run/walk 2-3 times
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Use Thrive journal for brain dump and intention setting
Status: Achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment