Sunday, March 29, 2020

Questions to Ask Before Making a Purchase

  1. What will I do with it?
  2. Do I already have something that can do the job or something similar?
  3. How often will I use it?
  4. Where will I store it?
  5. Is this a need or a want? 
    • Do I really need it?
    • Do I really want it?
  6. Can I borrow it?
  7. Have I done enough research on price and quality?
    • Is there an online coupon or discount?
    • Am I just buying it because it's on sale?
  8. Can I make it myself?
  9. Can I delay the purchase?
  10. Is this a good use of my money?
  11. Is this for the person I am or the person I want to be?
  12. Is this an impulse buy?
  13. Have I tried it on/tested it?
  14. Will this become clutter in the future?
    • Will I still want this in the next week / month / year?
  15. What is the end plan for this?
    • Will I pass it on to friends / donate / sell?
    • Can it be repaired?
    • Is it recyclable? 
    • Will it end up in a landfill?
  16. What do I gain by buying this / why do I want to buy it?
  17. Is there something else that can bring me joy?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! Now I just need to remember to actually look at it before I buy something :)

      Delete