Sunday, March 29, 2020

from Survive to Thrive: Week 21

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Week 21.

Things continue to feel strange in our new world of social distancing, but I'm continuing to work on my happiness project and on cultivating gratitude.

Let's review my week...


Happiness Project

I wrapped up my Happiness Project activities for March, which was focused on "Outer Order." My resolutions for the month were:

  • Make my bed every day
  • Use the 2-minute rule (if something can be done in less than 2 minutes, do it now)
  • Ask myself questions before making a purchase 

I did well with the first two resolutions and I think they helped me feel calmer and happier. I didn't really stick with the third resolution, but I've written my potential questions in a blog post and put them in a visible place on my computer desktop so I can refer to them in the future when I'm considering an online purchase.

April's theme is "Friends." I'll read the materials and work on my April resolutions next weekend. I think this is good timing, since focusing on friends will help me stay better connected with my friends during this odd time of social distancing.

Here are the first few questions (there are more here)

Gratitude

Here are some things for which I'm grateful:
  • Distance learning will begin for my son on April 14. It's strange to realize they won't physically be going back to school at all this school year.
  • I'm continuing to enjoy Audible's free stories for children. This week I listened to Pride and Prejudice, which I'd actually not read before. There is a Literary Classics section with a lot of books I'd like to read.
  • The Thrive Circle started this week. It's a good group of women and I'm grateful to be a part of it.
  • My family watched a movie together last night, Mr. Lemoncello's Library. I realized when I checked my stress data for the day that it was in the low "rest" zone during the movie...something that doesn't happen easily these days.
  • I'm continuing to do a lot of yoga while I'm at home. For April, I'm looking forward to doing:
    • Yoga with Kassandra's 10 minutes of yoga every morning (details here)
    • Select workouts from Yoga with Adrienne's April calendar, including a "Yoga Ritual" series during my spring break staycation (details here)

YWA April Calendar (source)


Looking Ahead

We have another week of social distancing ahead of us. It all feels very strange. I have a new direct report starting on Wednesday. It will be strange to welcome and onboard him from a distance. 

My goals for the week are:
  1. Put on makeup / nicer clothes M-F when I'm working
  2. Do yoga 4-5 times
  3. Run/walk with my son 4-5 times 
  4. Connect with family and friends by text/email/phone during the week

See you next week! 

________________________________________

Accountability: Health Stats

average steps: 5,743
average sleep: 8h 48m
average stress: 30
run/walk: 6.1 miles
yoga: 5 sessions
weight: 116.4
body fat 29.4%

Accountability: Goal Check

Goal: Do at least one project with my son
Status: Achieved! I'm being liberal with the definition of project, and counting things like walking with him most days and making a video of him playing the piano for his music teacher.

Goal: Do yoga 2-3 times
Status: Achieved! I've upped the goal for the week.

Goal: Run/walk 2-3 times
Status: Achieved! I've upped this goal, too.

Goal: Use Thrive journal for brain dump and intention setting
Status: Achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment