Saturday, March 30, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 14

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 14.

This week was as intense as I expected it to be, and I did my best to go with the flow despite my low energy reserves.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I'm proud to say I maintained my weight during this crazy week of conferences and long work days that carried over into the weekend. My week started with this:


A smashed iPhone screen epitomized the way I felt most of the week. I was still functioning, but not at my best. I'm now focusing on recharging over the weekend, although still trying to catch up on work. I'm not quite back to normal yet, but a quick trip to Apple was able to restore my iPhone:


During this week's Real Appeal online session we learned about preparing for curveballs. It's important to anticipate them and have a game plan. Some examples of curve balls are vacations, office parties, and dining out. If a curveball does throw you off course, get back on track right away. 


Nutrition

My big win this week was tracking everything I ate. Not everything was healthy. I had some treats at the conference as my energy flagged and they kept popping up everywhere. It's hard to resist dessert when it is in front of your plate for the entire meal!

 

It's also hard to resist tasting new Ben & Jerry's flavors that your husband brought home. I limited myself to one (large) spoonful of each, and I tracked those spoonfuls.

Sweet Like Sugar: Sweet Cream Ice Cream with a hint of
Almond flavor & Shortbread Cookies & Cherry Ice Cream
with Cherries & a Sugar Cookie Dough Core. YUM!



Exercise

I didn't exercise at all this week, which was largely anticipated. I had planned to do some short yoga sessions, but I found that I simply didn't have the energy. I did get a lot of steps with my busy days, so that's a bonus.


Self-Care

I prioritized sleep and kept my expectations realistic. I knew this was going to be a week of work, family responsibilities, and sleep...and that's pretty much it. I didn't put any additional demands on myself when things were already so intense.


Looking Ahead

Next week is going to be equally intense. Work is still crazy. Also, next weekend is the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run. I am on the social media committee, so Friday & Saturday I'll be covering the Expo and Sunday I'll be covering the race and responding to post-race social media comments. It's a lot of fun, but very draining. 

So again, it's going to be a week where I keep my expectations realistic and don't put any additional demands on myself.


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment