Saturday, June 15, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 25

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 25.

This week was relatively quiet. There were some stressful moments at work, but on the whole, it was fairly balanced.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I maintained my weight loss this week, hooray!

For week 25 of the Real Appeal program we focused on trashing the trash talk - how to silence your inner critic. This is an important area for me. I have a loop of negative self-talk playing in my brain regularly. I don't know where it came from or why I have so much trouble stopping it.

Years ago when I was working with a personal coach she said to me, "We're not supposed to tell you what to do, but you've got to stop beating yourself up." She said the way I view myself is so starkly different than the way others view me, and pointed out that I would never talk to someone else the way I talk to myself. This week I'm working on telling myself positive things. 




Nutrition

Most of the week I made healthy choices. I did allow myself some slack this weekend for Taste of Reston, which is one of my favorite events each year. The most delicious thing I ate was a "drunken cowboy candy skewer" from Tavern 64. It had a lamb meatball with feta cheese in the middle, and a fried local ham and cheddar ball. I also had a Bold Rock Blood Orange Cider that was well worth the calories.

I had a bite of this cannoli from Carrabba's Italian Grill

Exercise

I ran once, walked once, and did yoga once. I even snuck in a little bit of strength training on Monday night when the Women's Training Program had a guest speaker demonstrating a full body workout that we could do anywhere. I can't believe there is only one week left in the program! A week from today we'll be running the Seize the Day 5k - registration is still open!

Strength training on Monday night

Self-Care

I didn't make a lot of time for self-care this week. I spent a little while practicing hand lettering for my Happiness Project. I also made time to vote in the Democratic primaries on Tuesday, go to the DC library to renew my library card, and go to my son's end of the year school picnic. Although those things aren't technically self-care, they are aligned with my values and prioritizing what's important to me, so I think they still count a little bit.


Looking Ahead

Next week will be the calm before the storm of the following week, when I go to Pittsburgh for four days for work. That's a long time to be away from my home and my routine! I'm going to focus on keeping this upcoming week as chill as possible so I can fill up my energy and willpower reserves before Pittsburgh.

See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment