Sunday, March 10, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 11

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 11!

Week 11 was a whirlwind of too much activity, but now things should calm down for a while.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I lost 0.2 pounds this week. Maintaining my weight loss during a crazy week like I just had feels like a win to me.

I took my monthly measurements this week, and the lost inches over the past 11 weeks were encouraging:

  • Waist: 2 inches
  • Hips: 1 inch
  • Chest: 1.5 inches
  • Thigh: 2 inches

During this week's Real Appeal online session we learned about the link between sleep and weight loss. I already recognize how important sleep is for me to function at my best and I make it a high priority. Still, it doesn't hurt to be reminded that a sleep-deprived body:

  • Feels hungrier
  • Craves sugar and carbohydrates in a misguided quest for more energy
  • May be too tired to exercise

Nutrition

I stayed on track during a long day of business travel on Wednesday. Bringing healthy snacks with me and tracking what I ate throughout the day helped me resist some of the unhealthy temptations that I encountered.

I think it also helped that I planned to have an Egg McMuffin for breakfast at the train station. This helped me feel like I was having a treat since I rarely eat fast food, but it didn't throw my nutrition plan out of whack. It was easier to resist unplanned goodies like cookies and brownies later in the day since I had already enjoyed something indulgent.


Exercise

Like last week, I knew this was going to be a week of minimal exercise. I did one strength training workout, one yoga session, and walked once. It's an improvement over last week, at least. This upcoming week I will ramp up my exercise again.


Self-Care

I've continued focusing on decluttering this weekend. I have three more boxes of stuff - mostly clothes - to donate. I even listened to Marie Kondo's "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" audiobook while I was decluttering. I've been enjoying her series on Netflix, too. She inspired me to fold my socks:


I also took time to relax in our massage chair. We've had it for 15 years and I'm embarrassed to admit that sometimes I take it for granted and forget it is there. I'm going to appreciate it and use it more regularly.


Looking Ahead

The upcoming week looks nice and calm compared to the past two weeks. I'm looking forward to being back in my normal routine.


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment