Saturday, March 23, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 13

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 13.

This week at work was much busier than I anticipated, but the good news is that my cat is doing better.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I lost 1.4 pounds this week and my body fat is continuing to decrease. I've lost a total of 10.1 pounds and 2.6 percentage points of body fat!

During this week's Real Appeal online session we learned about planning ahead when eating out. Key tips:

  • Don't arrive too hungry: have a small snack ahead of time 
  • Rate the significance of the meal: if it is truly a special occasion, it's okay to indulge a bit
  • Plan ahead: look at the menu and nutrition information online if it is available


Nutrition

My big win this week was sticking to my plan and making healthy food choices despite unexpected busyness and stress at work. I give myself a gold star for healthy eating this week!


Exercise

My big oops this week was zero exercise. No walk/run, no yoga, no strength training. When my available time gets squeezed, exercise is often at the bottom of my list.


Self-Care

As for self care, I prioritized sleep and time with my cat this week. I'm so grateful that he is doing better. This time last week, I honestly thought that he would no longer be with us when I wrote this post.


Looking Ahead

Next week is filled with challenges. I'm working in the city five days in a row (including Sunday afternoon), so I won't realistically have any personal discretionary time until Saturday. Three of those days are at a conference, so there will be food challenges, too.

My plan is to have healthy snacks with me at all times, take breaks to breathe, and to squeeze in some short yoga sessions before bed a couple of nights. I recognize that it is the kind of week that puts me out of balance, and I need to do my best to pace myself and just roll with it.


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment