Saturday, March 2, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 10

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 10!

Week 10 was as busy as I expected it to be, but it went by quickly and my willpower outlasted many tempting treats.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I lost half a pound this week! In total, I'm down 8 pounds and 2.2 percentage points of body fat.

During this week's Real Appeal online session we learned about NEAT activities. NEAT is short for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and it refers to all of the energy we use for things other than exercise. Intentionally moving more throughout the day (e.g., taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking farther away from your destination to get extra steps) helps burn calories. 


Nutrition

I was faced with trays of treats on Tuesday and Wednesday - cookies, brownies, and the most delectable looking mini cupcakes I've seen in a long time. I tried not to think about how they would taste, and focused instead on how much better my clothes were fitting since I started this journey. I'm proud to say I stayed strong in my resolve to avoid the treats.


Exercise

I knew going in that this was going to be a week of minimal exercise, but it was even less than I anticipated. I did one strength training workout, and that's it - no walking, no yoga. I had a second workout scheduled that I decided to skip in favor of sleep, since I was feeling run down...this week I was averaging 40 minutes a night less sleep than I had during Week 9.


Self-Care

Today I had a massage to reduce the tension from the prior week and help me prepare for another busy week ahead. It was wonderful, and I am so grateful.

Our Happiness Project focus for March is outer order - getting control over the stuff in our lives. This fits well with the decluttering I've been doing, and during March I will tackle a different area of clutter in my home each weekend. This weekend I've been going through the closet in the guest bedroom.


Looking Ahead

The upcoming week is the second half of my two-week period of intensity at work. Wednesday will be the most challenging, as I'm traveling and attending meetings out of town. I'll be leaving my home at 6 and getting back around 10. My dad is coming over to help with logistics, which I really appreciate.

During my trip, food options and time to eat may be limited, so I'll pack some healthy snacks to bring with me, and perhaps decompress with some Netflix downloads on the trip home.


See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the additional loss, Kim (weight and body fat%)! I'm enjoying following your journey - you are very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina! I appreciate your support. Great friends like you help keep me heading in the right direction!

      Delete