Saturday, January 26, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 5

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 5!

This week can be summed up in one word: sick. My son got sick on Sunday. I got sick on Wednesday. Luckily my husband has super-immunity and rarely gets sick.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

Despite being sick (or maybe because of it?), I lost 0.8 pounds this week, bringing my total weight loss to 5.3 pounds.

During this week's Real Appeal online session we focused on emotional eating, which is often a challenge for me. I signed the commitment contract for Week 5:
  • Take notes to make connections between my emotions and what I eat
  • When I get a craving, seek a distracting activity
  • Replace very high-sugar, -salt, and - fat treats with foods that are lower in these ingredients and less addictive
  • Become a more mindful eater 
  • Continue my other healthy habits to the best of my ability


Nutrition

I've gotten into the groove of planning my meals ahead of time and sticking to my plan. I tend to eat similar things each day, which helps me plan.

My biggest challenge this week was actually making sure I ate enough while I was sick and had little appetite.


Exercise

I was doing well with exercise until I got sick. I caught up on  the 30-day Yoga With Adriene Dedicate Journey by doing two practices on Sunday. But once I got sick on Wednesday, I had no energy to practice, and missed the next three days. Saturday I got back on track. So my tally for the week was 4 days of yoga and 1 day of walking.


Self-Care

For self-care, I focused on getting enough rest and nutrients to help my body get healthy again. I accepted that I was sick and didn't try to power through and keep getting things done at work and home. I checked out and rested all day Thursday, which is definitely what I needed. 


Looking Ahead

I don't see any big challenges on the horizon for next week. I'm going to focus on getting rid of this cold, continuing to do well with nutrition, and getting back on track with exercise.


    See you next week!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment