Saturday, February 23, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 9

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 9!

Week 9 was filled with more stress than I anticipated. I handled it by prioritizing sleep and asking for help when I needed it.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I broke through my plateau and lost a pound this week! In total, I'm down 7.3 pounds.

During this week's Real Appeal online session we focused on junk food. We talked about identifying it, why it is so bad for us, and identified healthier swaps we could make for our junk food cravings.

Before I started this program, I often had ice cream in the evening. Instead of ice cream, I've been having a drink made with almond milk and a scoop of double chocolate life greens. It satisfies my chocolate cravings, has the added bonus of good things like fiber, and has far less fat and calories than ice cream.

Nutrition

I had another solid week in the nutrition category. It helped that we had a snowstorm and I didn't have to commute into the city at all. It's much easier for me to plan healthy meals and stick to the plan when I'm telecommuting.

Next week, I have to go into the city 3 days in a row, and 2 of those days have catered business lunches (which sound great but often don't have the healthy options I would prefer to have).


Exercise

As I promised, I did strength training once this week! I did the Real Appeal "Real Strength 1" workout. My Real Appeal Success Kit had a set of DVDs with 5 cardio workouts, 5 strength workouts, 2 core workouts, and 2 flexibility workouts. It was a solid workout that hit all of the major muscle groups, and I was really proud. Now I need to build a consistent strength training habit.

I also walked two times and did yoga once. 


Self-Care

I prioritized sleep this week, averaging 9 hours of sleep a night! 

I also asked for help when I was reaching the limit of my stress threshold. I worked with my boss to identify some meetings I could skip to free up some time to get more done. I also talked to one of my colleagues who really understands the load I'm shouldering right now and the impact it's having on me. Talking to her helped me reframe my thinking and put things in a different perspective.

Stephanie & Stephen from Eye of the Heart came back this weekend for another decluttering session. We gave away so much stuff! Freeing up space in our house feels even better than freeing up time on my calendar.



Looking Ahead

The next two weeks are really intense at work. I have several meetings that feel high-pressure to me, including a business trip. Business travel messes up my routines and sucks the energy out of me.

To help take care of myself during this time, I've scheduled a massage next weekend and I'm getting my hair colored and cut.



See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment