Saturday, July 6, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 28

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 28.

I had some days off of work, which was wonderful and very needed. Overall, I had a relatively uneventful week.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I lost half a pound this week. I'm down 13.8 pounds and 5 percentage points of bodyfat!

For week 28 of the Real Appeal program we focused on avoiding weight loss sabotage. I like the four-step approach that is recommended for dealing with saboteurs:

  • Listen: is it truly unsupportive talk or are you putting a spin on it?
  • Repeat:  repeat unsupportive comments back to the person.
  • Suggest: offer up an alternative approach.
  • Explain: explain how the unsupportive talk makes you feel.




Nutrition

I tracked my food and did a good job of sticking to my plan this week. I splurged a bit at the Women's Training Program Coaches' party on Monday night. I couldn't pass up having one of these delicious cookies that Catherine made for us!





Exercise

I walked once and did yoga once this week. I went to the Firecracker 5k and cheered on my husband, brother, and many friends!

Rick, my husband

Josh, my brother (red tank)

Susan, my weekly exercise  and accountability buddy

Friends from "Crazy Running Buddies"

Friends from the Women's Training Program


Self-Care

Our Happiness Project focus for July is family. I'll be focusing on ways to improve my relationships with family members. I haven't read the materials for the month yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so this week.

Looking Ahead


Several people have asked me recently how long I'm going to keep writing this weekly blog. I don't know for sure. The Real Appeal program is a 52 week program, broken into three seasons. The first season was 16 weeks. I am nearing the end of the second season (week 32).

Currently I'm committed to blogging through the end of season 2. I will likely continue blogging during season 3, because it helps keep me accountable. It also helps me feel supported when my friends and family read the blog and tell me they are proud of me/inspired by me/encourage me to keep going.

See you next week! 

7 comments:

  1. It was great seeing you, Freddy, and Rick at the Firecracker 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading this Kim while munching on some honey butter kettle corn. All organic, but calorie dense. Your post was enough to tell me I should not be eating it. Because I was not hungry. You are doing amazing with your body transformation and the support one with another of family and running friends. Hope you have a tremendous week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carl! I appreciate the kind words. Good for you for being mindful and realizing you weren't hungry. I hope you have a tremendous week, too :)

      Delete
  3. reading back your accountability saga and inspired to be doing so by you, dear Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to help inspire you as you beat pre-diabetes. You can do it!

      Delete