Sunday, July 14, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 29

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 29.

My family was in Turks and Caicos this week for vacation. I indulged and enjoyed it!

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

Surprisingly, I only gained half a pound this week. As much as I indulged, I expected to gain at least a couple of pounds.

For week 29 of the Real Appeal program we focused on time management. I've learned to put almost everything on my calendar, including exercise. Over the last few years I've also learned to be realistic about how long things will take and to not over-schedule myself.

I'm proud that I still made it to the weekly online session, even while on vacation. Yay for me!




Nutrition

I indulged in a lot of sweets and alcohol this week. I gave myself a vacation from tracking and ate whatever I wanted to eat. It was delicious! I did not feel guilty about indulging, because I've been consistent for 28 weeks and know that I will start consistently tracking again for week 30.

a smorgasboard of sweets

colorful cocktails

I balanced dessert & cocktails with some healthy food choices




Exercise

I'm so proud - I did water aerobics every day on vacation! We also walked a lot throughout the week.



Rosita is new to Beaches this year

Self-Care

I certainly focused on self-care this week by taking a relaxing vacation with my family

We enjoyed a tuck-in with Cookie Monster


I've learned to delete my work email account from my phone while I'm on vacation. I used to try to keep up with work emails while I was on vacation so re-entry wouldn't be so rough, but I realized how much that detracted from my vacation and time with my family, and stopped doing it.

a view from our balcony

Looking Ahead

Sadly, I go back to work on Tuesday. I took a peek at my email account and I have 386 unread emails that came in last week. By Tuesday, it will probably be close to 450. The thought of going through all of that weighs heavy on my mind. But I'll worry about that on Tuesday. For today, I'm still on vacation!

See you next week! 

2 comments:

  1. finally i join u almost at 30 weeks. Eleahn reminded me of this blog in our recent 2.5 hour chat...a new record for us. I will look back to discover more of your 'in the now' secrets to life changes and weight loss, as i am pre-diabetic and on 1000mg metformin daily. enjoy to the fullest your last day of vacation and if you are uncomfortable with my posting the beach family shot on my fb timeline, please let me know via pm/messenger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining my journey! 2.5 hours is quite a record indeed. I'm glad you saw such joy and promise in the beach photo. I support your message :)

      Delete