Sunday, October 13, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 42

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 42.

I lost a pound, I gained a new gadget, I'm losing a course, but gaining another one. Lots of activity around here!

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I lost a pound, finally. After several weeks of weight creep, it's nice to see the scale heading in the other direction. Speaking of scales, I got new a one this week. My old Fitbit Aria has been very inconsistent lately - I usually have to get on it four or five times before I see the same weight twice. One of the legs is broken internally which impacts the scale's ability to properly zero itself out. It's a known (and apparently common) issue, but the scale is so far out of warranty that they don't care. I got a Garmin Index scale at a good discount using some of my Rally Health coins.

During week 42 of Real Appeal, we focused on identifying superfoods. Real Appeal got a little tricky with us - superfoods aren't things like kale and quinoa; instead they are mapped to an overall template for healthy eating (see photo below).


I got some disappointing news from Real Appeal this week. When I signed up, I committed to following the program and promised myself I would participate for all 52 weeks. Unfortunately, it looks like Real Appeal is going to kick me out before the program ends. They are moving to a new platform which sounds amazing. It includes things like integration with MyFitnessPal and more activity trackers. So that's the good news...the bad news is that they can't transfer you to the new platform automatically because of HIPAA privacy requirements. 

We're supposed to be able to enroll on the new platform and pick up where we left off, but when I tried to enroll I was unable to do so. When I called customer support, they said I didn't qualify for the program because I am at a healthy weight for my height (so ironic...the program helped me get there). So it doesn't matter that I'm currently enrolled on the old platform; I can't get to the new platform. And the old platform sunsets before my 52 weeks are up. My coach is trying to see if there is anything they can do for me, but I'm not optimistic. 

Nutrition

I continued to track everything and ate mostly healthy, filling food. I'm finding that my sugar cravings are disappearing again. Yay!

Exercise

I ran twice, did yoga twice, and played Wii Sports with my son once. My running is continuing to get a little faster. Yay!

Self-Care

Freddy and I have been taking advantage of some of the free classes at the Apple store. Last week we went to a "Create Your Own Emoji" course. We each made a "mad" emoji...Freddy's is much more expressive than mine.

MAD!
more disappointed than mad
Happy Birthday emoji that I created for my niece

I'm starting a new course on Tuesday that I'm pretty excited about: Uncluttered. The course promises to teach you how to own less & live more in 12 weeks. It was created by Joshua Becker, who is one of the minimalists that I admire. I'm looking forward to having some structure for tackling the clutter.

Looking Ahead

This week looks a little busy, but I'm going to focus on staying in the moment, building resilience, and uncluttering.

See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment