Sunday, October 27, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 44

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 44.

This has been a week of contemplating transition as I start thinking about what comes next after the Real Appeal program ends.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

I gained almost two pounds this week. I suspect it was mostly the water weight that I lost last week when I was grieving for Rhett and didn't have much of an appetite.

During week 44 of Real Appeal, we focused on alcohol and ways it can be a "belly buster." In addition to being a source of empty calories, alcohol can limit inhibitions, which can lead to mindless snacking that quickly adds up. It can also impact your quality of sleep. Although one drink can easily fit into the category of a "Real Appeal treat" (100-150 calories), I have trouble limiting my treat calories to a single drink. If I have a drink, I typically find myself snacking soon after, and those treat calories can quickly double or triple.



Nutrition

After last week's grief, my appetite quickly rebounded this week. I made a mix of healthy and unhealthy choices, but allowed myself grace with the unhealthy choices as I can tell I'm still grieving and my willpower is low.


Exercise

I did yoga twice. It's working well to make plans to meet Jen and Susan at yoga class. I feel more centered and calm after yoga, but just knowing that I will feel better afterwards isn't always enough to get me to go to class. However, knowing I've made a commitment to meet someone else helps get me there.

Self-Care

We went to a Halloween party this week as Fortnite characters. Freddy and I are "Cuddle Bear Team Leader" and Rick is "Rex." Rick did some of the Fortnite dances ("emotes") when Freddy wasn't looking. It was fun!


Looking Ahead

Although I should have 8 more weeks of Real Appeal, it will unfortunately be ending early since they are moving to the new platform and not transitioning those of us who are at a healthy weight and hence don't qualify to re-enroll in the program.

Although the original platform will be up for another 5-6 weeks, my coach is transitioning to the new platform sooner, maybe in a week or two. We will have a different coach for those last few weeks, but I suspect we will be consolidated into a class that isn't at a realistic time for me when our coach leaves. I feel disappointed, a little bit abandoned, and angry that I won't get a sense of closure from completing the program. Instead, it will end abruptly before it's done. But, I'm working on getting over that and moving on to acceptance.

With this program ending sooner than I anticipated, I'm thinking about what's next and how to keep progressing towards my goals. I think I'll be rebranding "Invest in Myself" as something slightly different. I've been playing with a new theme and images. I'll redefine my goals and what I'm tracking, and I will be working with life coach Elena Sonnino again. I anticipate that I will continue to blog weekly about my progress, but it will look different than it currently does.

See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment