Sunday, April 26, 2020

from Survive to Thrive: Week 25

Welcome to from Survive to Thrive: Week 25.

I felt balanced and tranquil this week. I wrapped up April's Happiness Project activities, colored, hunted for puzzles online, and got back into the running groove.

Let's review my week...


Happiness Project

I did my April Happiness Project reflection this weekend. The theme for April was Friends, and my resolution for the month was to reach out to a friend or family member each day to connect. I did this most days, and found the connection to be especially helpful during this pandemic-prompted period of sheltering-at-home.

Towards the end of the month I also included co-workers in my outreach and again I found it especially rewarding. It also gave me a head start on next month's theme, which is Work.


Play

This week play centered around coloring and LEGO. I also found myself thinking about jigsaw puzzles and decided I wanted to incorporate them into my rotation. I discovered that they are in high demand right now and hard to find online. I finally found a good selection at Barnes and Noble and ordered a couple.

I finished another mandala this week.
They are color-by-number and come from this book

Sheltering-at-home LEGO setup (building instructions)


Fitness

I started my 5k training program this week. Overall it went well, although I pushed it a little too far and fast on Wednesday when I ran a Virtual 5k for Earth Day. I was a bit more cautious the rest of the week.

Earth Day 5k #runformotherearth


Tomorrow was supposed to be the kickoff night for the Women's Training Program. I love this program, and have done it every year since 2014. I started as a participant and have been a coach in recent years. I feel like there is a big hole without it. I miss the camaraderie of the women and being enveloped in an environment of support and inspiration.

After today's #VirtualWTP run

Looking Ahead

This week I'm going to work on keeping my momentum going and continuing to cultivate tranquility.

My goals for the week are:
  1. Track food in myfitnesspal at least 5 days
  2. Do yoga every day
  3. Follow my race training program (3 runs this week) 
  4. Read May Happiness Project overview and set resolutions

See you next week! 

Mindful SNACK
A great way to deal with stress from mindful magazine (source - thanks Beth!)

________________________________________

Accountability: Health Stats

average steps: 7,252
average sleep: 8h 42m
average stress: 26
run/walk: 9.9 miles
yoga: 9 sessions
weight: 117.9 
body fat 30.3% 

Accountability: Goal Check

Goal: Track food in myfitnesspal at least 5 days
Status: Partly achieved. I tracked 3 full days and 3 partial days. Mindful eating requires more consistent tracking.

Goal: Do yoga every day
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Follow my race training program (3 runs this week)
Status: Achieved!

Goal: Connect with family and friends by text/email/phone during the week
Status: Achieved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment