Saturday, December 20, 2014

When Training Runs Meet the Holidays

Today was the 3rd week of the Potomac River Running Winter Training Program. Since it is our last run before Christmas we had a holiday-themed run and people brought the festive today! They also brought cookies, muffins, hot mulled cider and all sorts of goodies that we enjoyed post training run.

I ran with the 5k/10k runners again today. Last week my group ran 40 minutes using 3:2 run:walk intervals. This week we moved up to 50 minutes, same intervals. I'm very proud to see folks progressing and feeling more confident in their running abilities. Great job, =PR= runners! I'm proud of you.

Here are some fun photos from the day:

the festive group photo! 

Me & Phyllis. We are yoga buddies & running buddies!
(photo courtesy of Laura)

Me & Rebecca & the shoe tree. We are new running buddies!

Laura & Kathryn - their festive headwear
got lots of catcalls on the trail!
(photo courtesy of Laura)

Laura & me - selfie courtesy of Laura

Coach Mike, Natalie & Rachel  - FESTIVE!

Sallie as Tigger - more important than the holiday theme is
pre-testing a race costume (she put layers over Tigger for warmth).
Sallie has her first marathon next month & ran 20 miles today!!

And if this looks like fun...just wait until our Frozen-themed run next month! I'm already planning my Elsa outfit.

4 comments: