- Cherry Blossom: Trust Your Training; Run for Stu
- Nike Women's Half Marathon: See the Race, Be the Race
- Army Ten-Miler: Run With Gratitude
- Philly Half: Embrace the Journey
For this year's Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run, my mantra is: Inspire and Empower
|The "Motivate Wrap Bracelet" I got for myself as a coach|
My goals for this race are not really about me. I am under-trained for the race, having chosen to prioritize coaching over training. And I'm okay with that, because this race is about the people I've trained through Potomac River Running and the people I've trained with through Reston Runners BFFs.
I hope that I have already achieved my goal of inspiring and empowering those people. I hope that I have helped prepare them to have their best race and achieve their goals. I know I have already achieved my goal of being inspired and empowered BY them.
And perhaps a little bit of that inspiration and empowerment will help me to meet my modest race goals:
- A Goal: finish faster than 1:58:37 (2014 Army Ten-Miler time)
- B Goal: finish faster than 1:59:45 (2014 Cherry Blossom time)
- C Goal: finish with a smile on my face after thoroughly enjoying the scenic course
I wish you an inspired and empowered day!