Saturday, April 13, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 16

Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 16.

This week included covering social media for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run and a quick business trip to Boston, so any semblance of my regular routine was out the window.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

Week 16 is the official end of the first "season" of the Real Appeal program, and the focus this week was on celebrating our progress and identifying our support system as we move into the next 16-week season.

Over this 16 week period, I've lost 10 pounds and 3 percentage points of body fat. My clothes are fitting so much better - the suit pants that were too tight for me at the beginning of this challenge were on the verge of being too loose when I wore them this week!

I am lucky to have a great support system. Special thank yous to:

  • My workout buddy Susan, who walks and/or runs with me on a near weekly basis 
  • My family: my husband cooks healthy food for us and helps me make time for exercise; my parents and my brother offer words of encouragement and celebrate my accomplishments
  • My friends, who say such supportive things in their comments on my blog posts and Facebook
  • My Real Appeal Coach Hannah, who is a wealth of information and inspiration

Nutrition

I deliberately relaxed my food plan for Cherry Blossom weekend, and unintentionally relaxed it for my business trip. I continued to track everything I ate, so I knew I had eaten more calories than I burned this week. It was a relief to see that the scale was only up half a pound today.

I learned this week not to count on being able to find healthy food at the airport. I had one meal at Dulles on Wednesday and one at Logan on Thursday, and neither were great choices. I've had healthy meals in both of those airports before, but I learned your options are impacted by which terminal you end up in and how much time you have to find something. I have several business trips coming up in May, and I'll plan better for those trips.


Exercise

I ran once and walked once. The run was nearly 4 miles and was both farther and faster than I've gone in a while. My Boston meeting had a lunchtime walk built into the schedule, which was fantastic. Not only did we get some fresh air and exercise in the middle of our day, but I got to see the Boston Marathon Finish Line:



Self-Care

Our Happiness Project focus for April is friendship. The same day I learned about our April focus, I got texts from my friends Lynn and Shannon, neither of whom I've seen for a few months. I'm going to make an effort to see more of my friends in the coming weeks.


Looking Ahead

Next week I should be able to settle back into a routine. It will be nice to have a relatively quiet week for a change.

I'm also looking forward to the start of the Women's Training Program at the end of the month. I'll be coaching with the run/walk group, and the program is always such an inspirational experience with hundreds of women of all fitness levels. If you are in the Northern Virginia area, please consider joining us! My top 10 reasons to join are here and you can register here.


See you next week! 

(and hopefully at the Women's Training Program)

No comments:

Post a Comment