Saturday, April 27, 2019

Invest in Myself: Week 18


Welcome to the recap of Invest in Myself, Week 18.

Even though my schedule was a little haywire this week, I lost weight thanks to planning ahead and sticking to my plans.

Let's review my week...

Motivation & Accountability

After a month or so of maintaining my weight loss, I was able to shift my focus back to losing weight. I made good progress this week. Overall, I'm down 10.8 pounds and 3.1 percentage points of body fat.

For week 18 of the Real Appeal program we focused on calorie density and choosing foods that are more filling. Examples are foods with more water, air, or fiber.

Nutrition

I planned ahead for almost all of my meals this week, including the three days I was working in the city. I made sure that packing my meals for the next day was a top priority, and it paid off.

Exercise

I ran twice and did yoga once. I did not keep my commitment to do strength training at least once. I had planned to do it Friday morning when I had a half vacation day, but work intervened and my vacation time ended two hours earlier than I originally planned. It was important work that was worth missing the workout, but it reminded me of the importance of having a back-up plan, which I didn't have in place.

I ran with the Women's Training Program coaches.
The program starts 4/29 & walk-in registrations are accepted!
photo credit Brian Kent

Self-Care

I rocked self-care this week. One of the benefits of being in the DC office so many days this week was being able to take advantage of some of the incredible wellness offerings from ZO. Our building management (Tishman Speyer) generously provides these for us. I had a manicure on Tuesday, went to "Hoppy Hour" on Wednesday with the Squeals on Wheels traveling petting zoo, and did lunchtime yoga on Thursday.

Lunchtime stress relief with Rex the bunny

I also started a morning routine with Habit Nest's Morning Sidekick Journal. I got up every day this week without hitting the snooze button, which is a big deal for me. My routine is pretty basic for now:
  • get up without hitting the snooze button and make my bed
  • fill out the journal while sitting in front of a light therapy lamp
  • meditate (or at least take 3 slow deep breaths)
  • say positive affirmations to remind myself that I am awesome
  • read while in the massage chair while using the morning wake-up program


Looking Ahead

Next week will be steadily busy. Activities beyond my typical work week include the kickoff of the Women's Training Program, both strings and band performances in the evening for my son, and teaching an art lesson for my son's class.


See you next week! 

(and hopefully at the Women's Training Program)

No comments:

Post a Comment