Most of my training runs are either "Easy/Long" or "Threshold" pace:
- Easy/Long (E/L)
- I can hold a conversation in complete sentences at this pace
- Running this pace teaches my body to burn fat more efficiently
- Threshold (T)
- This feels "comfortably hard"
- Running this pace teaches my body to process lactate more efficiently
Some of my runs will build from E/L to "Marathon Pace":
- Marathon Pace (MP)
- This is my goal race pace!
- It isn't an efficient training pace, but incorporating it strategically into my plan teaches my body what this pace feels like & builds my confidence in being able to maintain it
Some of my track workouts also incorporate "Aerobic Capacity" pace:
- Aerobic Capacity (AC)
- This is faster than T, but not the absolute fastest that I can run
I'll be trying these out for the next few weeks and seeing how well they fit!