Friday, November 21, 2014

Philly Half Marathon Packing List

I am making a list and checking it twice...I have to make sure I have everything I need for Philly! Here is my race packing list.

Expo

  • Confirmation emails for bib pickups
  • Driver's license for identification
  • Credit card for shopping (but not too much shopping!)
  • Map of expo with key vendors starred (Another Mother Runner, Clif Pace Team, Sparkly Soul, GU, Goretex...)

Pre-Race Necessities

  • Clif bar for breakfast
  • Bottled water (in case water from hotel faucet is yucky)
  • Throw away shirt & pants, garbage bag for extra warmth
  • KT tape
  • Bodyglide
  • Sunscreen
  • Foam roller

Race Clothes & Gear

  • Race shirt & tank
  • Shoes
  • Socks
  • Sports bra/underwear
  • Capris
  • Buff
  • Gloves
  • Sunglasses
  • Hat
  • Garmin
  • Pace Band
  • Hydration belt:
    • Water bottles (make sure they are empty before putting in suitcase!)
    • GUs (four - keep in ziploc in suitcase to protect clothes!)
    • Nuun tablets
    • Lip balm
    • Advil/band aids/immodium
    • Safety pins/bobby pins/extra hair elastic
    • Driver's license, credit card, money
    • "Kim Runs" cards!
    • Phone/back-up battery/cable
    • Tissues
    • Hotel room key
  • Back-up gear if it is colder than expected:
    • Running tights
    • Light jacket
    • Headband
    • Warmer socks
Race clothes & gear

Post-Race Clothes & Gear

  • Compression shorts & socks
  • Long pants
  • Comfy shirt
  • Stick
  • Foam Roller
  • Chocolate Milk & Clif Builders Bar

Am I forgetting anything important?

The medal! (source)


4 comments:

  1. Great list my fellow planner!! Missed this b/c I was driving South to Norfolk, so I hope you had everything you needed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had it all - and then some! Our car was packed :)

      Delete