|Scenes from the last long run|
photos courtesy of Laurentina Photography
Why am I anxious? My left hamstring/knee made their presence felt around mile 6 of my long run today, just like last week. During the week, they weren't an issue. I took my runs a little easier, foam rolled, and felt good going into today's run.
I was really mad when they started to act up! I've had a fantastic training season. Everything has gone so well. Why is this is happening now? I hope that after the race I can look back on this and say it was nothing; just another case of the taper crazies causing a phantom injury.
In the meantime, I got myself back to the chiropractor right after my run. I also made an appointment for Friday afternoon for a pre-race adjustment. I'm going to focus on being smart this week - foam rolling, resting/icing, getting lots of sleep, eating the good foods my body needs for fuel, and hydrating with both water/electrolytes. And I suspect there will be KT Tape on my left leg for MCM, just to be on the safe side.
|My friend Susan gave this to me today to remind me that|
I've done the hard work and now it is time to enjoy MCM!
Thank you Susan - this means more to me than I can say!
Week 18 Statistics
I ran 3 times for a total of 13.2 miles (wow - most of my long runs were longer than this weekly total).
- Track: Turnover workout - easy warm-up followed by 8 repeats of 1 minute hard (as fast as you can without form breaking down), 2 minutes jog (3.0 miles)
- I did a lower intensity version of this workout in case my leg acted up. My "hard" minutes started at threshold and moved to aerobic capacity (my paces)
- Easy run: 2.2 miles
- Long run: 8 miles
- Strength training: 2 time (my routine)
- I did the pedestal & myrtl routines; skipped the lunges because of my leg
- Yoga: I missed my yin class because Freddy & I were having too much fun at Oktoberfest in Reston. I am determined to go tomorrow!